The auditions will take place daily during ONGEA! 2020 at Sarit Expo Centre in Nairobi, Kenya, from 20 to 23 February 2020.
Sauti Academy’s curriculum is based on the knowledge and experience of trainers, alumni and a vast international network of music industry professionals. The academy is known for coursework that is up-to-date and relevant for the competitive music industry.
How to apply
- Registration for open mic will take place daily from 12pm to 12.30pm at stand No 6, followed by on-stage auditions from 12.30pm to 2pm.
- Entry is free and registration and auditions are based on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be no preregistrations.
- Participants must prepare one song with a maximum length of four minutes.
- You can only participate in the auditions at open mic during ONGEA! 2020.
- Live instrumentation is encouraged, although backing tracks will be accepted without lead vocals.
- Participants who use vulgar language will be disqualified.
Now in its fifth edition, ONGEA! which is an annual music summit that features high-level interaction with musicians, music publishers, record labels, collective management organisations (CMOs), promoters and educators, among many others.
This year’s theme is Disrupt to Thrive and the event will seek to encourage increased collaboration for innovation in the music and entertainment as well as the information and communication technology (ICT) industries in Eastern Africa.
Originally posted on MusicInAfrica: Call for auditions: Sauti Academy scholarship in Kenya