No country or area is spared by covid-19, and the population is largely locked down. The cultural and creative field is particularly affected : they are the first sector that had to stop its activities and will likely be the last to start up again.
In response to the global health crisis, Africalia wants to support artists in their creative dynamics by setting up the “Creativity is life” grants.
This punctual response aims to support the production of artistic works during, in reaction to or following the crisis. The goal is to give a voice and a space for expression to artists from a variety of backgrounds, focusing on emerging artists’ works, with the aim of making cultural actors – who are little highlighted and particularly vulnerable to this crisis – “visible” and “audible” .
Africalia’s objective is to allocate 50 grants with a contribution of €1,500 per artist, in its countries of intervention : Burkina Faso, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Kenya, Zimbabwe and Uganda.
Interested ? Find all the information below and submit your project before June 2, 2020 !
FOR WHOM ?
These grants are for :
- ARTISTS, all disciplines combined
- Resident in one of the countries of intervention of Africalia : Burkina Faso, Kenya, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Zimbabwe
- More details in the call and the application form
Response to Covid-19 “Here and Now” or “Tomorrow’s World”
- « Here and now » : Inspiration : during this unprecedented situation, the artist is offering a reflection on Covid period, a look at society, an escape, a message of hope…
- « Thinking the world of tomorrow » : in order to participate in building a more sustainable and fairer future, the artist is offering his vision, questions, ideas, and creativity… What will the post-crisis world be like : can we reinvent it ?
HOW TO APPLY ?
The complete files (application form and all appendices) must be submitted in its entirety by email before June 2, 2020 (inclusive) to the following address : email@example.com (mention as Subject : “Creativity is Life – YOUR COUNTRY“).
For all detailed information on the application process, please refer to :
The applications may be completed in French or in English.
For any clarifications or questions about the call or the application form, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (mention as Subject : “Creativity is Life – YOUR COUNTRY“).